How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information.
- visitors to our website and those who subscribe to our marketing; and
- people who use our services.
Visitors to our website
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- send you information in relation to our fund-raising activities;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
A core component of our storytelling creative process is through the use of electronic communications i.e. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc. We also use these platforms in our delivery method of workshops, as evaluation tools and as a way for participants to network with each other.
NOCTURN engages with our audience through the use of, but not limited to, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.), text-based messaging (WhatsApp etc.), online marketing platforms (MailChimp etc.) and email.
We may share posts, images or material you post or contribute to on our social media sites. We reserve the right to block anyone from any of our social media pages or groups.
We are not responsible for any inappropriate emails, text message, phishing or marketing that may result from your details being in the public domain.
We may store information or material that you post or contribute to on our sites.
Photography / Video
NOCTURN uses photography and video in all of its classes/workshops for the purpose of providing participant feedback, self-reflection and, occasionally, marketing.
If you have given permission for us to take and use photographs/video, we may use those images for promotion on our website and social media. We may also pass images onto our approved third parties for promotion of our work.
Video / Images of children
NOCTURN are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults at all times. We shall ensure that any photographs or video taken during our workshops/classes can only be taken and shared with parental permission.
We may use images of children for the website, marketing and social media. No names of children will be attributed to any images used.
We have no control over images shared privately between children and parents/guardians.
Arts Award is part of NOCTURN's educational offering and acts as an Arts Award Centre to schools, educational and community providers. Part of the evidence gathering for the award requires us to take photographs and video material for individual Arts Award portfolios. All material is deleted after successful completion of the award.
Name, date of birth, ethnicity and gender of children/participants of the Arts Award are gathered by us for the sole purpose of registering the individual with Arts Award. Details are deleted after success completion of the award.
The personal data of workshop/class participants is collected, held and manipulated by us centrally and on secure online systems. We will collect your data in standard format on application forms, or via an iPad based app.
The data we will hold will comprise of names, addresses, telephone and electronic contact arrangements, together with payment and class participation details.
Other data, which will be held electronically on the company’s system includes:
- Full data of current workshop/class participants, lapsed participants and persons expressing interest in our work;
- Details of lapsed participants held for two years so that encouragement to rejoin may be possible;
- Affiliates / non-participants are those who wish to be informed of classes, courses, performances etc.
Storage of your information
Information that we collect about you may be transferred to,and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our partners. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Editing and deleting your information
You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information. You also have the right to object at any time, free of charge, to the processing of your information and you have right of access to your information. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, NOCTURN shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).